[TYPO3-hci] Doktypes: Advanced and a new one

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 7 10:28:57 CET 2007

Hi Bennie,

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.5216.1194427204.20721.typo3-team-hci at lists.netfielders.de...
> So the container page is the reverse of the shortcut
>
> Shortcut:   Page => Redirect to Page X
> Container:  Page <= Fetch Content from Page X
>
> I don't like "Container Page" much, somehow I get it associated with the
> SysFolder.

i searched for a better word, the fielddescription "contains content from
pid" implicies container, but without this info it might misleading.
Ingo proposed "content replica" which sounds a bit too sophisticated to me
:-)

> Jens: The patch only makes a new doktype for the feature "Show content
> from this page instead".
>
> BTW: Couldn't we merge "External Link" and "Shortcut" to "Redirect" and
> then have an link chooser like in the RTE (where you can choose external,
> internal, mailto, file) ?
>
> Then we'd only have:
>
> * Standard (incl. Advanced)
> * Redirect
> * Container
> * Spacer
> * SysFolder
> * Trash

you also removed 2 other pagetypes:
* Backend User Section (what is this for?)
* Not in menu (I think this could be dropped too as we have the flag "don't
show in menu)

I also like to merge the External Link and Shortcut, maybe also a flag for
the target could be integrated.

vg  Steffen