[TYPO3-hci] suggestion for be forms: inline secondary options

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed May 16 17:35:42 CEST 2007

Martin Ficzel schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>>> Hey Martin,
>>>
>>> funny -- I was just thinking about the same issue (just came back from
>>> a training for editors) and it's hard to teach the editors this system.
>>>
>>> I'd like to see either that or some AJAX-bells doing that.
>> I think AJAX would be better, because the Server doesn't have to render
>> the secondary options if you don't want them.
>
> thats true but i doubt it's worth the effort. even the flexform-sheet
> are toggeling by setting style.display = none/block and it does'nt cause
> performance problems.

No, but it'd be faster. And why not use the opportunity to improve
usability AND speed.

Recentyl a friend asked me if there was any AJAX in 4.1. When I Asked why
he wanted to know he told me that the BE feels sluggish. So those saved
extes milli seconds may improve the overall feeling.

So hey, maybe even the flex form tabs couold be loaded with AJAX :-)

Masi