[TYPO3-hci] [TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 5047

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 11 21:55:31 CEST 2007

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> I don't find this idea good, because different file types like plain
> text & ms word need different applications & T3 BE modules to be
> opened/edited/integrated. If there is only one icon for those file types
> it's a lot more difficult to manage them I guess.

But in the BE you can only rename it or open it in a text area anyway.
And the point is you see the file extension ALWAYS (it will never be
hiddan as it can be on Windows). So the icon only shows the same
information as the file name. So why use different icons at all?

But we could of cours overlay (image magick anyone?) the real extension
on top of the base icon.

> Then it came to my mind, that this can be a security problem. A php
> script is not the same as an exe file which could be virus infected..

Please reread my suggestion then (in my post, NOT in the bug tracker). I
proposed icons for binary executavles and scripts.

Masi