[TYPO3-hci] Re: [TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 5047

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Fri May 11 21:21:34 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI: I just fixed  5047 (no-brainer)
>
> Hm, you didn't care to read my comment, do you? And where? Trunk and/or
> TYPO3_4-1?
>
> Ok, here's my comment which I also presented to the HCI group (cross post):
>
> Don't repeat the obvious (the file extension) in the icon. Instead use a
> set of icons to represent the type of the document. We could group the
> documents like this and have generic icons for each type (must of course
> be skinnable in BE and - separately - in FE):
>
> text (plain text, ms word, oo writer, etc)
> spreadsheets (csv, ms excel, oo calc, etc)
> presentations (ms powerpoint, oo impress)
> web images (gif, png, jpeg, etc)
> other images (tiff, bmp, etc)
> videos (mpeg4, windows media video, quicktime, etc)
> interactive videos (flash, etc)
> audio (MP3, windows media audio, ogg vorbis, etc)
> executables (exe, com)
> scripts (exe, com, bat, sh, php, py, etc)
>
> Masi
Hi!
I don't find this idea good, because different file types like plain
text & ms word need different applications & T3 BE modules to be
opened/edited/integrated. If there is only one icon for those file types
it's a lot more difficult to manage them I guess.

Then it came to my mind, that this can be a security problem. A php
script is not the same as an exe file which could be virus infected..

So.. -1

Andreas