[TYPO3-hci] typoscript issues

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Mon May 7 17:53:54 CEST 2007

Sudara Williams schrieb:
> I'd be interested if you give a few reasons for your thinking.
>

>>> Maybe it is worth the few hours to go through the 4.1 source and 'fix'
>>> the inconsistent names by providing consistent aliases.
>> no, I don't think so.
>
> Why?
mainly because I thought that an automatic solution (case insensitive
(thx to Joh ;) ) would make more sense. Joh proved that I was wrong.

> I think many people waste many hours due to a lack of consistent naming
> scheme. How is 5 hours of developer time NOT worth the hundreds of "oh
> my god, the case was incorrect" errors that newbees make?
Yeah. We should invest this time.

> My only point is that Typo3 5.0 is a long way away, and thousands of
> people will be using 4.x the next few years.
Hm.. They plan to release a first look at the end of this year, so let's
see what happens ;)

> My vote is for intelligent defaults - defaults that make sense and are
> consistent. Allowing any type of casing may be almost as confusing as
> the current system.

Hm. Intelligent defaults have pros and cons. The best con is, that many
people are not as intelligent as the people designing an app to be
intelligent ;)
We should try to set up a sort of plan how we want to integrate those
changes into T3.

Andreas