[TYPO3-hci] typoscript issues

Sudara Williams sudara at web-crossing.com
Mon May 7 17:21:20 CEST 2007

I'd be interested if you give a few reasons for your thinking.

>> Maybe it is worth the few hours to go through the 4.1 source and
>> 'fix'
>> the inconsistent names by providing consistent aliases.
> no, I don't think so.

Why?

I think many people waste many hours due to a lack of consistent
naming scheme. How is 5 hours of developer time NOT worth the
hundreds of "oh my god, the case was incorrect" errors that newbees
make?
>> We can also think of this as "getting ready" for 5.0 by making 4.x as
>> solid as possible, and basing the 5.0 API on the solid 4.x branch.
> As far as I have understood, the complete TYPOSCRIPT "language"
> will be
> completly different in TS 2 so it wouldn't make much sense to invest
> much time into creating a solid base.. ;)

My only point is that Typo3 5.0 is a long way away, and thousands of
people will be using 4.x the next few years.

> Well.. What do you think about integrating something into T3 4.X that
> allows every kind of letter writing (what is the correct word?)..
> Well..
> I mean the opposite of case sensitive.. So that aTagParams does the
> same
> as AtAgSpArAmS... and so on.
> It wouldn't take to much time I guess and we wouldn't have to think
> about every single property..

My vote is for intelligent defaults - defaults that make sense and
are consistent. Allowing any type of casing may be almost as
confusing as the current system.