[TYPO3-hci] PPT-Chart 37 -> how about dropdown-breadcrumb?

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Thu Feb 22 11:12:45 CET 2007

Hi Andreas,

> Well I don't like this idea, because it uses a trillion of database
> queries to offer you _all_ the different folders of the T3 pagetree.

Well, there are not more queries as for the regular pagetree as in the pagetree the whole "path" to the current page is also expanded and that's all you need to display the breadcrumb. And with AJAX practically you only need the rootline itself. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to use a simple nested UL to display the breadcrumb-dropdown menu with basic pagetree queries.

<ul>
  <li>Basic functions or whatever
    <ul>
      <li>jump to Rootpage</li>
      <li>refresh pages</li>
      <li>jump to Shortcut1</li>
      <li>...</li>
      <li>create new page</li>
      <li>delete page and subpages</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>active page from Root
    <ul>
      <li>page1 in root</li>
      <li>page2 in root</li>
      <li>...</li>
      <li>create new page</li>
      <li>delete page and subpages</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>active page from level 1
    <ul>
      <li>page1 in level1</li>
      <li>page2 in level1</li>
      <li>...</li>
      <li>create new page</li>
      <li>delete page and subpages</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>active page from level 2
    <ul>
      <li>page1 in level2</li>
      <li>page2 in level2</li>
      <li>...</li>
      <li>create new page</li>
      <li>delete page and subpages</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>goto Subpage of current page
    <ul>
      <li>subpage 1</li>
      <li>subpage 2</li>
      <li>...</li>
      <li>create new subpage</li>
      <li>own the internet</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
</ul>

> And if you think about that T3 5.0 should have a content repository
> instead of an old fashioned pagetree it'll become obsolete.

And how will the repository be displayed? It could also be such a breadcrumb-dropdown menu to reflect the current "position" in the repository.

Just some thoughts.
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch