[TYPO3-hci] A new approach to a less frightening start with TYPO3

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 8 15:32:01 CET 2007

> I don't like the idea of having two users set up after installation..
> Because that means having 2 security problems..

I don't  like the idea of having hardcoded users after installation at all.
So what about another concept for default users for the dummy package:
During the installation process you are asked to setup at least two users,
one admin and one editor, but you can provide the names and passwords for
them.

So if you login with the admin user, you will always get the fully blown
backend, but if you login with the editor you can choose between different
interface setups as I described before.

No security holes but still the possibility to start with a lightweight
backend that would prevent the newbie from getting completely terrified.

What do you think?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de