[TYPO3-hci] the bot-idea

Andreas Rieser A.Rieser at T3site.com
Fri May 26 22:38:22 CEST 2006

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Hi!
> Well, the idea came from me.. I like some bots, and some not.. As you
> might have seen when you went to m$.com and downloaded something, you'll
> notice, that most users don't want them too.

+1 =P

> I would definitly prefer a bot for TYPO3. It should be integrated into
> the BE to help the users.

+1

> It would be perfect, if it would not only answer you something about TSC
> questions, but also normal stuff, like "How can i add an image to a
> page?" Even automatic tasks would be possible. ("Show me all contents
> that contain the word TYPO3")
+1
It should offer every kind of information that makes sense - and those
getting started things are important. It should know about
administration things, too...

> I don't know whether IRC would be a good idea, because not every server
> has an irc server available (maybe we could code one..?!?)
> If it's IRC, it should be included in the BE aswell (ajax could help here).

Well, IRC came to my mind because I know some bots that were created for
that. This concept would only make sense if we could create a small
network offering this service - like the debian package or TER 2.0 idea.
   IRC offers this infrastructure already. And creating a bot seems to
be an easy task in that environment. Plus you have a fast and up-to-date
bot. And putting up two or three servers for that shouldn't be the
problem - if a sponsor is needed, I will provide one.

> What i would not like is a bot, that is stupid.. There are bots that
> only look for keywords in your sentences, and bots you really can talk
> with. Something between would be perfect.
>
> e.g. type your problem as keywords in the office bot, and then try it as
>  a complete sentence ("How can i do that?") The second way gives much
> more good answers.

I like the idea a lot - but I think it's a difficult task. This would be
 another +1 for the IRC based solution, because the bot can be developed
further while it's already in use.

> With the help of aiml, which is a XML filetype, it would be even
> possible to have something like this:
> Hi TYPO3, i have a big problem with my database.
>>Hi [currentlogedinuser]! What is your problem?
> I have a missing entry in my database. The database shows it, but TYPO3
> doesn't.
>>Should i check for the entries?
> Yes, please
>>Ok, i found the following:
>     - A
>     - B
>     - C
> What would you do?
>>There are 2 possibilities. I can guide you through the process, or i
> could do it for you. But i would need special authorize for that.
> Is the process easy to do?
>>You probably need special database knoledge
> Oh, please do it for me.
>>Your Loginname?
> Andreas
>>Your authorize password?
> Use ABCD
> Process in progress.

Sorry, don't know aiml yet... link?
But I think this should be possible with a database driven architecture,
too.

Your example is pretty cool =)

> You see, something like this *could* be possible with aiml. And as you
> see, i would prefer a security thingy. Not every user is feeling happy,
> when a computer does something automatic.
>
> The bot should have 2 database sources. One for every TYPO3
> installation, saved at the current webserver and a second, on typo3 (for
> download or direct use) that is always up to date.

I prefer the always-up-to-date-without-update-solution - but anyway...

> If we use aiml, we could even create an extension to integrate M$
> agents, so that even speech recognition would be able.
>
> Just my dreams.. ..and i know, they can be realized with the current
> technics.
>
> Andreas

Well, the M$ thing isn't so important for me - but I would like to have
solution that offers high flexibility. Think of the WebDAV future and so
 on...

greetz,
andreas