[TYPO3-hci] the bot-idea

Andreas Balzer eMail at andreas-balzer.de
Fri May 26 22:11:32 CEST 2006

Hi!
Well, the idea came from me.. I like some bots, and some not.. As you
might have seen when you went to m$.com and downloaded something, you'll
notice, that most users don't want them too.

I would definitly prefer a bot for TYPO3. It should be integrated into
the BE to help the users.

It would be perfect, if it would not only answer you something about TSC
questions, but also normal stuff, like "How can i add an image to a
page?" Even automatic tasks would be possible. ("Show me all contents
that contain the word TYPO3")

I don't know whether IRC would be a good idea, because not every server
has an irc server available (maybe we could code one..?!?)
If it's IRC, it should be included in the BE aswell (ajax could help here).

What i would not like is a bot, that is stupid.. There are bots that
only look for keywords in your sentences, and bots you really can talk
with. Something between would be perfect.

e.g. type your problem as keywords in the office bot, and then try it as
  a complete sentence ("How can i do that?") The second way gives much
more good answers.

With the help of aiml, which is a XML filetype, it would be even
possible to have something like this:
Hi TYPO3, i have a big problem with my database.
 >Hi [currentlogedinuser]! What is your problem?
I have a missing entry in my database. The database shows it, but TYPO3
doesn't.
 >Should i check for the entries?
Yes, please
 >Ok, i found the following:
	- A
	- B
	- C
What would you do?
 >There are 2 possibilities. I can guide you through the process, or i
could do it for you. But i would need special authorize for that.
Is the process easy to do?
 >You probably need special database knoledge
Oh, please do it for me.
 >Your Loginname?
Andreas
 >Your authorize password?
Use ABCD
Process in progress.

You see, something like this *could* be possible with aiml. And as you
see, i would prefer a security thingy. Not every user is feeling happy,
when a computer does something automatic.

The bot should have 2 database sources. One for every TYPO3
installation, saved at the current webserver and a second, on typo3 (for
download or direct use) that is always up to date.

If we use aiml, we could even create an extension to integrate M$
agents, so that even speech recognition would be able.

Just my dreams.. ..and i know, they can be realized with the current
technics.

Andreas