[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Christopher bedlamminusspamhotel at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:16:11 CEST 2006

Rick - Futuros wrote:
> Ive use the spacer page type to split my FE menu's in groups on multiple
> occasions.
> Using css you can create some white space between menu options. Very
> usefull.
>
> Nonetheless i second that it might be strange that it is a *page* type.
>
> But from a FE menu point of view i quess you can have 3 (4 if you see
> external an internal shortcuts seperately) different pages.
> A page, a shortcut and a blank spot (spacer).

<snip>

Well I don't know about this justification for spacers...sounds like
something reasonably easy to achieve with css, optionsplit and stdWrap.
I get that it's useful to mirror the structure of the INFORMATION in the
BE and FE, but I'm _very_ skeptical about mirroring the APPEARANCE of
the FE and BE--a space is not information.

-Christopher