[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Christopher bedlamminusspamhotel at gmail.com
Wed May 24 23:03:20 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> just a few thoughts about making common tasks easier to solve by
> *removing* stuff from the BE:

<snip>

> 3. If we follow #2, we can remove the distinction between list and page
> for any other options if the functionality (=clipboard and sorting
> mostly) is there.

You beat me to it--for years I've _hated_ that when you click on a
sysfolder while in the page module you get a useless page view...

> 4. Remove the access module and put it into the page property dialogue
> where it belongs. It's a matter of debate whether we should have a
> "permissions" tab (only relating to BE users) and a "visibility" tab
> (only for FE stuff like start/stop/hidden/fe-group) or a mix of both
> (because a lot of users confuse this). I'd keep BE and FE stuff
> separated though.

This is a good idea.

It might be worthwhile to think about using the BE / FE separation as
the main organizational principle for page properties. For example there
might be a BE and an FE tab on the Page properties view, one with e.g.
TSconfig, BE permissions and so forth, and another with visibility,
title/alias/navigation/not-in-menu etc.

-Christopher