[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed May 24 16:01:38 CEST 2006

Johannes Reichardt wrote:

> 1. hour
> 2. hour
> 3. hour
> 4. hour
> 6. hour.

Could also be 1 hour ... But then you would need 2 years of experience with TYPO3 before :)

I mean: If you haven't ever programmed a single line of code and set someone in front of Visual
Basic or something similar he will be able to create some windows or buttons but NEVER will be
able to produce sensefull code ...

How long did it take you to learn HTML/CSS/Javascript/PHP ... Years I guess ... now add two years
of TYPO3 ... and you are in ...

I really don't get it why everybody thinks TYPO3 must be that easy ... if you want to have it
"easy" and already know about HTML/CSS just do a plain site .... but if you complain that you want
to have a site you can administer you will surely accept that you have to put some time into learning.

Why should TYPO3 be a software which can get used without any knowledge ? This isn't true for any
software ... as far as I could imagine ...

And this complexity isn't just for joy ... every thing which is configurable is one thing less somebody
must "code again" ...

I really don't see the point ... I also was stuck for hours in the beginning (even after a year) but digged
my way through those gazillion of config options and now I know where to look for what :)

greets,
Bernhard