[TYPO3-hci] Focus on the editors.

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Wed May 24 10:02:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

Troels Kjær Rasmussen wrote:

> - Improvements in the workflow-system - by this I mean a more intuative
> approach to both workflows and workspaces.

To me, an improvement would be the ability to load or unload workspaces
as needed for an installation, rather than per-user. We run a lot of
multi-customer installs that can't be upgraded to 4.0 without going in
and manually disabling workspaces for each user, since only one or two,
if any, would ever want to use the workspaces.

Workspaces is a great feature, and a lot of work's already been done on
it, so I'm not saying it's useless (I've set up workflows before on
3.8.1 installations and it's really great). But for small clients with
one editor and a few dozen pages at most, it would be nice to just
enable/disable it for an installation and configure it only if you need
it, rather than have it enabled by default and configure it to be
disabled for all users.

Alex