[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Wed May 24 09:20:43 CEST 2006

JoH wrote:

> Never used mount points, but spacers and recyclers are a must for sites with
> more than just a few pages in the pagetree.

Okay, then I ask a different question: Does it make sense to have
spacers and recyclers as *page types*? While technically they are pages,
they have no (useful) representation outside the BE.

In other words, would it not make more sense to have
a) an explicit option to add a spacer to the page tree (which does not
have any properties except a title) that has no other function and
cannot contain records.
b) add to the sysfolder a property "act as a recycler" which means that
(contrary to normal sysfolder) it can contain any record, but all
records are invisible to the rest of the system (so you can't abuse it
as a regular sysfolder).

This may sound a little odd to old-school users but would really make
the concept of pages as web-pages more consistent...

Greetings,
Michael