[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 23 10:32:14 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb am 22.05.2006 20:58:

>> Would be nice, but would break a lot of sites that rely on that (news
>> related to a specific sub-part of a site stored in the "start-page" of
>> that sub-part). A solution to migrate those sites would be to
>> "auto-create" SysFolders under each page that has non-content elements.
>> But this would also require template changes (uid's) and maybe even
>> extension changes.
>
> Yes, of course. But I've hoped that in this newsgroup the holy cow had
> been banned ;)
>
> Seriously, this is probably a rather simple upgrade: Move all records
> the subfolder and for every tt_content plugin that has empty PID or the
> same PID as the plugin is in, change the pid accordingly. Probably a SQL
> one-liner. I don't see how it would require extension changes (unless
> some author b0rked his ext), not that I would care...

Currently almost all extensions require you to specify a "storage
folder" where their items are stored in. This is either a TS-property or
a flexform field or a tt_content field, which you cannot find
automatically. Some are either able to find items recursively in the
tree and have that recursion abort after a certain level. This would
potentially break if the items are moved one level below.

>> True, clipboard/copy&paste are some things that are not very reachable
>> in the Page-Module. But you would always need to keep functionality in
>> sync between TemplaVoila and "Modern" template building.

> The clipboard needs some serious attention anyway - the distinction
> between normal and #1 is also rather confusing. And a drag'n'drop
> clipboard would be nice, too.

Agreed.

> I don't care much for TV but I hope it is possible that the TV page
> module replaces the normal one rather than add to the list.

I would also hope for a "unified" page module which "modern" templates
and "futuristic" templates might use. The functionality is almost the
same and too bad it has to be duplicated.

Cheers,
Ernesto