[TYPO3-hci] Let's try to aks the users!

Philipp Stiel post at pstiel.de
Mon May 22 23:59:03 CEST 2006

Hi!

This is my first t3-group in which I try to take part - like I'm not a
programmer, neither a user who knows t3 really well (in fact you're
already talking about various features I don't know at all or I did
never understand (like the clipbord, differences between page and list,
TV and normal pages, the question why there is more than one way to set
important site-properties (TSconfig, templates...). I don't want an
answer to theses questions at all, it just shows that it is important to
consider the needs of all different types of users:

1. Typo3 should be as simple as possible even for admins, trying in the
same time to keep the great variety it offers. Before adding a feature,
think twice if it is really necessary! I totally agree with the emails
"less ways to do it". On the other hand an editor for TS in templates
seems indispensable for.

2. Typo3 should be as simple as possible for BE-users, and my own
experience shows me how difficult it is to explain to users who don't
now computers very well how to add a simple news. The idea of a new
starting page (which is open to changes by the administrator, e.g. to
add "note of the day"), of a modified task-center and one-click actions
for important tasks seem to fit into this command (And I have no idea of
what mambo means). A clearly arranged fusion of the BE and FE could fit
as well.

3. A university-study would be nice to advance really in this subject,
but perhaps we could reach our aim in a different way: Unfortunately the
"normal" BE-users don't participate in this group (at least I think so),
so we have to go to them, ready to take them for serious: I myself would
be ready to ask "my" BE-users to get to know their problems. I imagine
at the moment a system like the Bugtracker-system to collect all
propositions and problems of BE-users (and even if its just a click too
much for a task). A system to sort these "problems" would be necessary
afterwards, but like usability is a question concerning everybody we
have to ask everybody!

Greetings
Philipp