[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon May 22 20:58:29 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Michael Scharkow schrieb am 22.05.2006 17:53:

>> Any ambiguity as to where store stuff should be
>> removed.
>
> Would be nice, but would break a lot of sites that rely on that (news
> related to a specific sub-part of a site stored in the "start-page" of
> that sub-part). A solution to migrate those sites would be to
> "auto-create" SysFolders under each page that has non-content elements.
> But this would also require template changes (uid's) and maybe even
> extension changes.

Yes, of course. But I've hoped that in this newsgroup the holy cow had
been banned ;)

Seriously, this is probably a rather simple upgrade: Move all records
the subfolder and for every tt_content plugin that has empty PID or the
same PID as the plugin is in, change the pid accordingly. Probably a SQL
one-liner. I don't see how it would require extension changes (unless
some author b0rked his ext), not that I would care...

> True, clipboard/copy&paste are some things that are not very reachable
> in the Page-Module. But you would always need to keep functionality in
> sync between TemplaVoila and "Modern" template building.

The clipboard needs some serious attention anyway - the distinction
between normal and #1 is also rather confusing. And a drag'n'drop
clipboard would be nice, too.

I don't care much for TV but I hope it is possible that the TV page
module replaces the normal one rather than add to the list.

> And I would also try to find those things where "there is more than one
> way to do it". The backend should not be like Perl. There are several
> icons/buttons to edit "page properties", this is confusing to the users.

Yep, that's what we're here for.

Cheers,
Michael