[TYPO3-hci] Backend in "Mambo"-Mode

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon May 22 16:59:19 CEST 2006

Sebastian Erlhofer schrieb:
>  > TYPO3 has the task manager but it doesn't have the nice big buttons :-)
>
> I guess it is not done with "nice big buttons". The typo3 task center
> has to be relaunched in my eyes and we have to find a better form of
> doing common tasks (placing news etc) in a more faster way.

Agreed, I used big-buttons as a general term for having a nice newbie
friendly UI :-)

> Thats not a matter of buttons in first case.
>
> I guess the news-extension has to be reconsidered too. It suffers from
> the Web>List View and is not common to novice or "normal" BE-Users.
> I think a more "wysiwyg" view in BE is perhaps better.

Of course. I'm thinking of a 1-2-3 wizard framework for extensions. But of
course not so deeply nested as Web>Functions>Wizards. *

But perhaps Web>Functions>Wizards is good enough if it had a start page
like the content element wizard (instead of defaultig to the last used
wizard). I imagine a nice list (perhpas with icons) of tasks you want to
do: add news item, etc.

Masi

* Is there any other Web>Functions category besides "wizards"?