[TYPO3-hci] Desktop application look and feel

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri May 19 13:14:08 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> I think that a true multi-window solution might not be worth the effort
> because only a handful of people actually like this work mode (think
> about the gazillion requests to make GIMP more Photoshop-ish with *one*
> root window.)
>
> However, I like the idea of being able to drag and resize the parts of
> the BE to your liking. This is obviously very possible with JS and
> offers a lot of flexibility already, see http://pageflakes.com for an
> example (although I would not use AJAX calls for every window in our
> case, as it makes everything dog slow...)

i like both ides it but is that usability. especially for redacteurs.

i just think about the situations when a redacteur is calling with a
problem. right now i can describe quite easily where each
module/function can be found. that would become much more difficult for
all developers/admins/supporters.

so i personally would like to disable those feature per default and only
enable it for well trained users.

regards Martin