[TYPO3-hci] Documentation for Projects

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Fri May 19 09:09:11 CEST 2006

Søren Schaffstein wrote:
> I'm currently working on a TYPO3 installation we took over from another
> company and it's really hard work to find all neccessary stuff and see
> how everything was created.
>
> Therefore a nice tool could be a project/system documentation tool which
> consists of an enduser and a developer part. So if someone opens a
> project after some time and is not sure how this or that should be done
> / was ment to be done it can be found in this system documentation.
> Especially for developers this could be really helpful since TYPO is so
> powerful that many things can be done in more than one way.
>
> What do you think?

I don't think it's the job of TYPO3 do offer this. If the other team did
not bother to document their work, no software on earth can help.
There's a gazillion a project management, bug tracking, version control
software around, which is just made for this purpose.

Or maybe I got you wrong: What other information that is not in the
syslog of TYPO3 would you have wanted?

Greetings,
Michael