[TYPO3-hci] Documentation for Projects

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Thu May 18 11:11:06 CEST 2006

Søren Schaffstein schrieb:
> I'm currently working on a TYPO3 installation we took over from another
> company and it's really hard work to find all neccessary stuff and see
> how everything was created.
>
> Therefore a nice tool could be a project/system documentation tool which
> consists of an enduser and a developer part. So if someone opens a
> project after some time and is not sure how this or that should be done
> / was ment to be done it can be found in this system documentation.
> Especially for developers this could be really helpful since TYPO is so
> powerful that many things can be done in more than one way.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Søren

how about a best-practice section on typo3.org. maybe together with some
checklists to validate a typo3 and typoscript setup.

possible sections could be

- typo3 setup

- typoscript-setup
	- naming conventions
	- usage of constants (when, namimg ...)
	- where to store templates
	- how to split templates in parts ( wich granularity )
	- naming of template records

- templa-voila

- extensions
	- coding guideline ( already exist )
	- checklists

that would make it easier

1. to know you are working in an approved way
2. to takeover a site created with others
3. to collaborate with other developers

regards Martin