[TYPO3-hci] BE Search tool

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 14:14:35 CEST 2006

Hi List,

Maybe i miss something in the current version, but one usability
improvement that could be nice to have is a multi-criteria
page+content+objects search tool, which renders a list of pages/
contents/nobjects and allows to work on the list.

For example : "Give me all the pages where no cache is activated",
"Give me all contents unused or belonging to directory pages",
"Give me all pages created last month and not in cache"
"Give me all pages containing news" ...

The most useful could be to use the TCA configuration to define :
- the object/table available to the search tool
- the fields available to the search tool (and furthermore, we have to
take into accounts the user access rights)
- a search alias (could be the label of the field in TCE Forms) so that
a BE User could ask using the current labels
- the operators allowed (<, >, <>, = , ...)

Regards,

JB