[TYPO3-hci] Consistency between programs

Benjamin Wilger info at benjamin-wilger.de
Tue May 16 20:53:28 CEST 2006

> So one of our goals should be to analyse our TYPO3 in terms of
> consistency compared to other programs in concepts. My favorite Example
> (until 4.0) was the gremlin that you couldn't create a backend user in
> the "user admin" section. Everyone looked there first, because you
> learned this concept from other software!

Full ACK!

Another thing to mention is the "Configuration" Module. It does not only
just SHOW (without an direct way to change it) the Typo3 configuration,
either it is not the only configuration of Typo3 (TypoScript, TSconf)
available. The real module for configurating the typo3conf is the
"Installation" Module, which is actually an installer plus a full
featured configuration editor (which is just fine but misplaced). As a
beginner in Typo3 I was very confused about the fact, that there is no
intuitive interface for the configuration of Typo3. All the available
configuration is widely spread around the whole system. You can find
something in the installer, the other stuff in TSconf and so on.

Everybody is used to *one* central module for configuration.

Hope you understand my quite bad English (thank god for the spell
checker!) :-)

Greetings
Benjamin