[TYPO3-hci] The Constant Triptichon

Quentin Dewhurst quentin at gest8.com
Thu Jun 22 10:34:53 CEST 2006

It seems to me that we have 3 people thinking that the backend representing
the front end visually in some manner is a good idea - and one person (all
due respect) obviously in disagreement, but the fact that its clearly of
interest to some should not be overlooked.

In my opinion having the backend represent the layout of the front end
templates provides the user with (forgive the use of HCI terminology) a good
'Mental Model' of the system that they are already currently familiar with
(eg their website) and this in itself should dramatically reduce the need
for any documentation because it would become clearly apparant in the
backend where they should be entering their data in order for it to appear
on their site by providing excellent visual clues.   This is the main reason
for me agreeing to phillips suggestion in the first place - and its
something that has been playing on my mind since first using typo3 (back in
the days of version 3.5).

Anyhow - I do hope this idea isnt brushed under the carpet because I would
consider it a huge benifit to Typo3 and its community.

Regards, Q