[TYPO3-hci] Typoscript "Code-Editor"

Fabian Polkehn fabianpolkehn at freenet.de
Wed Jun 21 14:35:22 CEST 2006

Hello HCI-group!

My name is Fabian Polkehn, I am 24 years old, from Germany and have been
using Typo3 for a couple of months.

Since the 4.5 release is supposed to feature improved usability, here's one
thing that bugs me (especially as a newbie): The TS-editor (e.g. the setup
field) is a simple form-field. If I make a newbie
typing/bracket/variable-mistake and thus receive no (desired) menu or
content on my website, Typo3 shows me no (TS-)errors at all.

So my suggestions are: A "rich-text-code-editor" (AJAX?) for Typoscript that
offers some basal syntax-checking (how many opening-brackets are there? How
many closing brackets? and so on...) and / or maybe syntax-highlighting and
code-suggestions for the various objects.

Best regards,

Fabian Polkehn

http://www.trimedes.de