[TYPO3-hci] Some thoughts on context help

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Jun 20 00:22:55 CEST 2006

Hi Uschi.

Make sure to record this idea on the wiki!

> * add a new field for developer related help; internally it could be
> devhelp, on the surface: developer's help, shows up as a second icon
> (question mark) which I can enable through my user setup.

Could be possible.

> * a strict division between what is there by default when typo3
> ships to
> you and what a site developer/admin changes for the authors (perhaps
> stored in a different file and then merged with the default values?)

Already possible - _ALL_ csh labels can be overridden or even added
to by the API. I guess only too few uses it.

> * 'FE editing' for csh and labels. This way you could get rid of the
> context field, because you have it in front of your eyes. (I
> personally
> think it impossible to describe the context in a meaningfull way when
> dealing with such complex forms).

Should be easy to do probably as a link from the actual text to the
"llxmltranslate" module which should be installed for this
functionality.

> Furthermore, one would not have to know which text is to be found in
> which file and could have a really nice gui for editing the help
> files.
> The current layout of ll xml is not what I would call comfortable.
> Perhaps one could even use the RTE and thus having real markup? You
> write html, using certain elements and classes and they are then
> converted into docbook-xml?

Could be new extension or modification of "llxmltranslate"

- kasper

> Prosit, Uschi!

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"