[TYPO3-hci] The Constant Triptichon

Quentin Dewhurst quentin at gest8.com
Thu Jun 15 22:35:06 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Yes this is something i have often thought about - the templavoila solution
attempted to address this but was/is still not as flexible as it could be.
having user definable areas in a) the HTML template and then b) the backend
interface (left,normal,right and border) also being configurable perhaps as
a visual abstraction of the actual website template(s) itself depending on
which page you are then viewing, for example the template layout could well
be parsed into the backend and then represented visually for the user to
select which area to edit or add content elements - once clicking the area
you could be taken to an entirely seperate screen with for example 'main
content' as its heading only showing items for that one particular content
area.

Currently you may well have a typo3 install where 'border' places content in
an area that has no relevance to the term 'border' whatsoever and certainly
no clear visual representation of its place on the actual page.

Another issue is the placement of elements themselves - you can give an
element a title, which is great - but this title appears on the website as
well as the backend - what would be greater (when the need arrises to
re-order elements on the page) would also be to have labels that you can
give elements in the backend that do not appear on the website at all but
can be used as visual clues as to a cryptic HTML element or plugin's (etc.)
identity without having to drill further down.

I'm finding it hard to clearly put into words what i mean by all this mabe
we should start a wiki discussion where we can do screenshot mockups etc.?

Cheers, Quentin.