[TYPO3-hci] The Constant Triptichon

Phillip t3hci at projekte.richdale.de
Thu Jun 15 22:19:15 CEST 2006

One thing that bothers me about T3 (front and backend) is the
obnoxious Triptichon paradigm. Left, Normal, Right, Border. Enforcing
(at least verbaly) left-aligned 1999ish column layouts. Naming should
be more abstract (Segments) and one should be able to define the
amount of Layout segments by oneself. I know this is yet another
architecture thing, but one that is once again strongly tied to
backend usability.

Shouldn't we start shedding that in the backend already? I mean,
Triptichon Layout could be something like a default preset, but
naming and layout of the "Move Element" view should be customizable
to fit the templated grid.

Am I making sense here? Comments please.

Phillip