[TYPO3-hci] New to T3 internals - Is the backend abstracted? Complete overhaul of the BE?

Marion Seitz seitz at cvjm.de
Wed Jun 14 12:37:04 CEST 2006

Hi everybody!

I am new to this list - so just a brief introduction: I am working as
webeditor and one of my main jobs is to teach others how to use TYPO3. My
employer is a non-profit youth organisation and our main reason to urge
other associations (within our organisation) to use TYPO3 is that this CMS
is so relatively easily accessible (I'll come to usability issues later).

Our "clients" mainly have rudimentary hardware and software. They don't have
fancy computers and they usually don't allow Java, Flash and thelikes on
their websites. They use TYPO3 because they know that they must use the
internet and need a CMS - but they don't usually have the capability or even
willingness to allow more than HTML (broadly speaking) - even JavaScript has
had a hard time getting accepted...

I don't have the technical background to fully explain - but I do hope you
get my point: TYPO3 has only been interesting for us because it is so easily
accessible and doesn't need all that fancy stuff. Although I am extremely in
favour of simplifying the backend: please don't forget about all the humble
users out there. Please don't get carried away. Visions are a wonderful
thing. But TYPO3 should be careful with them.

Marion