[TYPO3-hci] Innovation?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jun 14 11:31:30 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> Imagine that you can edit your TS-template with your regular Windows
> text editor and just save it through WebDAV to your TYPO3-site and TYPO3
> will take care to store it in the database at the correct position,
> updating tstamp, clear FE-caches, etc.

In essence you want access between TYPO3 interals (DB) via an external
protocal (in this case WebDAV, but could be FTP as well!).

> Imagine you copying photos between your local folder and a WebDAV folder
> and the photo is automatically indexed in DAM because TYPO3 will handle
> the upload?

Fine.

I guess I'd try to enhance Apaches module with TYPO3 specific hooks ;-)

But this is my old dream: an TYPO3-aware Apache.

> I think there are great possibilities here if TYPO3 itself would handle
> WebDAV requests. Its not very much that TYPO3 has to do to be a "WebDAV"
> server: It just has to handle two HTTP commands: "GET /webdav/..." and
> "PUT /webdav/...".

Doesn't look like WebDAV to me. There are lots of commands a WebDAV server
must/may (?) support (PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, MKCOL, HEAD, DELETE, COPY, MOVE,
LOCK, UNLOCK).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV (RFCs are on the bottom).

Doesn't look so easy to me. Are there any PHP implementations that support
some kind of triggers for certain URLs (like <Directory> etc of Apache)?

Masi