[TYPO3-hci] Innovation?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 14 11:10:12 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 14.06.2006 09:02:

>> The Apache modules work but the we really just can handle files in an
>> physical folder. If we can control it via php we can create virtual
>> files/folders to edit TS templates or even CEs. And for files the
>> categories as described by Jan-Hendrik.

> Wouldn't it be better to make the Core *use* a WebDAV server? Currently
> the Core can only access a file on the local file system (not taking
> into account Unix mounts or Windows shares). How about making it access
> any "file system" including FTP and WebDAV instead of turuning TYPO3
> itself into a WebDAV server.

Windows XP can access WebDAV folders "as if" they were local folders.

Imagine that you can edit your TS-template with your regular Windows
text editor and just save it through WebDAV to your TYPO3-site and TYPO3
will take care to store it in the database at the correct position,
updating tstamp, clear FE-caches, etc.

Imagine you copying photos between your local folder and a WebDAV folder
and the photo is automatically indexed in DAM because TYPO3 will handle
the upload?

I think there are great possibilities here if TYPO3 itself would handle
WebDAV requests. Its not very much that TYPO3 has to do to be a "WebDAV"
server: It just has to handle two HTTP commands: "GET /webdav/..." and
"PUT /webdav/...".

Cheers,
Ernesto