[TYPO3-hci] Innovation?

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Tue Jun 13 23:07:30 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Andreas Förthner schrieb:
>

>> As this are not all my ideas but mostly from Karsten, just read his
>> script on the TYCON3 page, there is a very detailed description of
>> what WebDAV is and how it could be integrated in TYPO3.
>>
>> So, now I'm not alone with this for the moment. My collegue (also
>> student and perhaps known from the other mailinglists) Clemens, will
>> be with me on the train and we already got a php webDAV server running
>> in a test environment. So what we thought to do was: Implement a basic
>> WebDAV library that could be used by every extension to handle
>> file-uploads. Of course the core will need some changes to get this
>> run in the fileadmin and element Browser.
>

> I didn't read the transcript of Karstens speech and I'm not familiar
> with webDAV. So my question might be dumb.
>
> Why must the Core itself use WebDAV? Isn't it enought that you get
> access from the "outside" to the fileadmin via webDAV?
>
> And do I really need PHP libs to do it? AFAIK there are Apache modules
> to do that kind of thing.
>
> Masi
Hi,

in the first run we could implement it perhaps by an extension, this
should work for the basic functionality. But if we would like to have
the overkill versioning + whatever WebDAV integration we definitely need
some changes in the core.

The Apache modules work but the we really just can handle files in an
physical folder. If we can control it via php we can create virtual
files/folders to edit TS templates or even CEs. And for files the
categories as described by Jan-Hendrik.

Hope know it is a bit clearer.

Greets

Andreas