[TYPO3-hci] Innovation?

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [DD] jh at digitaldistrict.de
Tue Jun 13 18:03:57 CEST 2006

> Why must the Core itself use WebDAV? Isn't it enought that you get access
> from the "outside" to the fileadmin via webDAV?

No, it isn't for certain cases :-)

In case of DAM I could imagine something like this:

- You have categories with access rights set in the backend.
- You log in with you BE-User to the webdav-url
- You see the CATEGORIES, not FILESTRUCTURE, and only those you have access
to.

So you can move around files within categories, while they are no real
directories but categories supported by the DAM-modules...

JH