[TYPO3-hci] Beyond smalltalk...

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Tue Jun 13 00:53:55 CEST 2006

Hi list members.

We have small talked for a month now and I think everyone has had his
chance to contribute what was immediately on his heart.

It is time for serious and focused team work now. I expect that will
filter out many of you since that means focused work :-) But if
enough remains we will have a fantastic team capable of realizing the
next great TYPO3 version 4.5!

I have summed up almost everything that has been posted on this list
and organized the input on wiki pages for our team:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Human-Computer-Interaction

SUMMARIES FROM LIST
I have chosen to divide work on usability into three parts:
a) no-brainers: Input from within the community (all the stuff from
this list until now basically)
b) research: Input from what we discover through research (probably
meaning usability tests on the current system, but this is still for
debate)
c) innovation: More radical ideas, new concepts, revolutions here and
there, inspiration from other systems.

The no-brainer page is where I urge you to summarize every idea
posted to this list that you want to "save". I have filled it in
initially with the input till now to show you how the page could/
should look. But I will stop doing that! So this is the flow I imagine:
- Raise an idea here on  the list
- After a discussion, take the consensus result and write out on the
wikis no-brainer page
- Continue to refine and discuss the idea, but always keep the wiki
page updated with the most recent result.

Nobrainer page is here: http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Usability_No-
brainers

(PS: I would LOVE if someone will volunteer to take special
responsibility to keep the no-brainer page organized and trimmed -
and spot when topics needs to break out to new sub-pages or belongs
elsewhere etc.)

TEAM MEMBER?
If you wish to sign up more officially on the team - thereby
indicating you are available to take responsibility for assignments -
please enter your name in the list here:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Human-Computer-Interaction#Team_Members

USABILITY RESOURCES?
You can also enter usability related resources you want to recommend:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Human-Computer-Interaction#Resources

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"