[TYPO3-hci] Self announcement

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu Jun 8 19:29:12 CEST 2006

Hello to the HCI-List :)

My name is Uschi Renziehausen, and I am working as a latin teacher at
the University of Erfurt (Germany). I started writing webpages in 1998
(publishing teaching material and taking over responsibility for the
website of the foreign language center, doing some stuff for friends
etc.). So I am not a professional webdeveloper, but meanwhile I do know
my HTML and CSS on a more or less professional level, and also acquired
skills in PHP (intermediate) and SQL (a little above basic).

I started learning Typo3 towards the end of December last year, but I
cannot spend 8 hours every day on it, so I am still in the stage, where
one searches the documentation jungle for many hours in order to find
the one line of TS needed, sometimes being successfull, sometimes not.
If not, I am often unsure, whether only my quest was unsuccessfull or
something is really impossible in T3.

Why I am learning Typo3? Our university decided to introduce a cms for
its website, and the dice fell for typo3. We founded a so called 'Task
Force CMS', which I am a member of.

How do i feel while learning Typo3?

Now sunk in despair;—

Ciao, Uschi