[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Jun 8 00:42:15 CEST 2006

> You can store records in shortcuts and external to make sure
> a) you don't lose them when switching the page type.
> b) you can switch the page type without error messages
>
> Sometimes it happens that you need a quick redirect to another page
> while
> working on the content of a page.
> You simply switch to "shortcut -> first subpage" edit the content
> and then
> switch it back to "standard".

I agree.

If Scharkows main point is that users do things they shouldn't
because they can, then I suggest that the tools they use - the Page
Module - doesn't allow record creation on shortcut pages by giving no
links to the page in such cases. Technically it is still possible.

Lets _steer_ users in the right direction instead of setting up
roadblocks we will fall over ourselves.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"