[TYPO3-hci] Less ways to do it...

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Jun 8 00:36:47 CEST 2006

On May 24, 2006, at 9:20 , Michael Scharkow wrote:

> JoH wrote:
>
>> Never used mount points, but spacers and recyclers are a must for
>> sites with
>> more than just a few pages in the pagetree.
>
> Okay, then I ask a different question: Does it make sense to have
> spacers and recyclers as *page types*? While technically they are
> pages,
> they have no (useful) representation outside the BE.

In Unix file systems a device is a file. Does that make sense?
In Windows swap memory is a file. Does that make sense?
etc.

Technically, it seems to be too much work to change page types into
properties on a grand scale rather than securing that users in their
workflow doesn't have to understand these issues to use the system
effectively.

- kasper