[TYPO3-hci] One night with Typo3...

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 7 21:58:37 CEST 2006

Hi Johannes,

(didn't read the whole text of your mail)

> Thats very typical working day for Typo3. Lots of strange default
> behaviours you have to configure, lots of very specific typoscript
> configurations instead of directly editing the whole thing like you
> would do without typoscript. If that would be removed and typo3 wouldnt
> add any "configuration overhead" and other cheeky things it could be
> soooo cool i can?t even think about it!

That's one of the reasons why we introduced the compatVersion setting in the
install tool: We are finally able to introduce useful default options
without having to break the backwards compatibility.

Just go ahead and start (at the Wiki?) writing down those default settings
which you think should be changed. My favorite example for this is
forceCharset="utf8"...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out