[TYPO3-hci] devilish details - improvement suggestions

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 1 20:47:29 CEST 2006

> It's not exactly an unusual situation to need to style an unordered list
> (or other element) differently in one part of a site than in another, and
> the current method is /much/ better than applying a thousand class
> attributes to every single html element in the output in the time-honoured
> TYPO3 tradition...
>
> However, I'd be happy to see this div wrapper move out of the php and into
> the extension TS--solves both problems, no?

Suggestion: Change the default behaviour of the Kickstarter to always use a
COA/COA_INT as the base for a plugin/new element.
There could be a default Wrap that can be removed with TS easily.

For cached Elements the default should be

plugin.whatever = COA
plugin.whatever {
    stdWrap.wrap = <div class="tx_whatever_pi1">|</div>
    stdWrap.required = 1
    10 = USER
    10.userFunc = tx_whatever_pi1->main
}

for non cached Elements it should be

plugin.whatever = COA_INT
plugin.whatever {
    stdWrap.wrap = <div class="tx_whatever_pi1">|</div>
    stdWrap.required = 1
    includeLibs = tx_whatever_pi1.php
    10 = USER
    10.userFunc = tx_whatever_pi1->main
}

This way we could get rid of USER_INT Elements _and_ have more flexibility
while wrapping the element or adding properties to it.

Joey