[TYPO3-hci] devilish details - improvement suggestions

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Thu Jun 1 20:08:27 CEST 2006

Hi Irene,

i set up a wiki page with these things - see

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Devilish_Details

I hope thats a good place to collect and discuss such tiny issues and
default behaviours.

- Johannes
> -1 because constants are - when used - required for setup. Means: you have
> to add first the constant and then use it in setup. If done like you
> suggest, setup would have to be the first field in the form, which pobably
> would not increase usability.

yeah ok - but in everyday work you need the setup field most of time -
and that what is needed most frequently should be on top - don´t you think?
> ----1 You can remove it easily in your own extensions. I want to be able
> to style extensions depending on that div, and I pretty often need that
> (complex layouts)

Ok, maybe thats a better suggestion for 5.0. But i still think that
these default divs point in the wrong direction of an open cms.

> what do you mean? Do nothing before saving to the database or do nothing
> before outputting in the frontend?
Can´t really answer that because i don´t know the RTE enough - but in
general as less "touching the source" as possible.
>  I disagree with the last, because i
> like that in textarea fields ppl can add things like <link
> 132>slfjsdl</link> and the output is transformed to a correct link.
> If you need your HTML-Output use the HTML-Content Element, not the RTE.

Same with the divs above - thats nice to have but its not the direct way
to do it - it adds another layer of preprocessing and complexity that is
simply not necessary. Also the advantages are very low.

- Johannes