[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jul 31 22:14:32 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

> It was my hope that some developers would be open to big changes, but
> it seems that this is too much. I can live with a system that has
> Typo3's basic concept, but it should still become easier to use (esp.
> how pages are displayed and created in the BE).

The page module of BE is not a place for WYSIWYG - the task
is to illustrate places of content elements.

Alternative page module (TemplaVoila) resemble this (it doesn't just
have text with icons and no content- element related extra information)

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/backendediting5.png

give suggestion how to improve that - IMO usings many separate content
areas and content elements in order to get necessary configuration and
flexibility - singe record for the entire content of page doesn't simple
work - you must forget that idea if you want to use Typo3.

BE has mixed BE and Frondend module - view module
It is possible to show BE modules on top as a bar and WYSIWYG frontend
view below it.

As said frontend editing can be improved - and should.