[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Mon Jul 31 21:51:27 CEST 2006

Hi Waldemar,
> Yep, that was what I meant. I fully understand that the backend is
> only for admins, but why those different user records? This makes it
> impossible to simply grant an existing FE user BE access and the UI
> separates FE and BE users too much.

I do not see a real point here. There are lots of extensions with
community features for example that extend the fe_user records a lot -
that would be just overhead for be users. Also in terms of db
normalization that way is better i guess. I´d rather focus on making
typo3 more accessible from the fe - right now there are lots of things
that are restricted to the be - functions you would miss sometimes.

- Johannes