[TYPO3-hci] Typoscript "Code-Editor"

Mark Stephenson Mark at WebEmpoweredChurch.org
Sun Jul 16 15:51:45 CEST 2006

Bernhard,

         The editor you created looks like a great start. It seems like the
progression of typoscript editing capabilities might go like this:

1. Basic language-sensitive editor like you show here that colors-codes the
text and catches the syntax errors common to all typoscript. This would be
very beneficial right now.

2. Language-sensitive editor that reads typescript script specifications
from the core and from installed extensions. The editor dynamically
evaluates the full syntax and highlights the text accordingly. It shows
every syntax error. As Kasper (and perhaps others) suggest, this requires a
mechanism to define the typoscript syntax within the core and within each
extension.

3. A system configuration tool that eliminates the need to enter or even
see the actual typoscript (although you could always toggle to #2 if you
prefer). This tool would write 100% correct typoscript and administrators
would be provided with a series of dynamically-created menus and forms and
wizards that give access to all the functionality of typoscript.

In our experience working with many administrators of TYPO3, the biggest
challenge is configuring their website via typoscript. So having #3 would
be of great value. By the way, this editor should also take over the
constant editor functions.

Mark
Web-Empowered Church

At 01:21 AM 7/13/2006, Bernhard Kraft wrote:
>Fabian Polkehn wrote:
>
> > So my suggestions are: A "rich-text-code-editor" (AJAX?) for Typoscript
> that
> > offers some basal syntax-checking (how many opening-brackets are there?
> How
> > many closing brackets? and so on...) and / or maybe syntax-highlighting
> and
> > code-suggestions for the various objects.
> >

> > Best regards,
>
>To show that it works with rtehtmlarea I created a little demo of such an
>editor.
>No flash required :)
>
>A screenshot of the Setup-Field after installation of the Extension can be
>viewed
>here:
>
>http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/TSEdit.png
>
>And the extension itself can get downloaded from here:
>
>http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/T3X_kb_tsedit_htmlarea-0_0_0.t3x
>

>Try it and give me your feedback via private mail (to not spoil this list
>here - except it's also
>meant for here :)
>
>It is not a "on-the-fly" editor currently - as for this I have to less
>knowledge of rteHTMLarea -
>but with stanislas help I'm sure we two together could easily build a full
>fledged editor with on
>the fly syntax checking (possibly using AJAX)
>

>greets,
>Bernhard
>--

Mark Stephenson                                               |
Ginghamsburg Church                             _    /||    --+--
Director of Cyber Ministry and Technology      ( }   \||      |
Director of the Web-Empowered Church         |_\_  |---|
  a ministry of the                           |  |/ |   | Technology
Foundation for Evangelism                    |  /_ |   | for the Kingdom
http://WebEmpoweredChurch.com & org