[TYPO3-hci] Summary of BE vs. FE

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 12:43:10 CEST 2006

> Here summary of improvement proposals on the base of the discussion

There are some interesting points here.

One item highlights the current BE page workflow as:

Choose Toolset > Choose Page > Choose Action.

This workflow suggests that you know what tool you need to use in advance of
where you are. For non developers this is actually a little too
unintuitive. To be tested of course but my hypothesis.

A better workflow would be:

Choose page > Choose Action

On this basis the actual tools are redundant until you need to conduct the
action.

Looking at this in practice with say TS templates.

Either click the page you need, or you are already on it, and simply click
the action.  This presupposes that the Toolset is readily available on the
page view.

Using tabs across the page view would possibly alleviate a lot of these
issues with a format similar to:

|page content|page header|template|list records|Page access| etc...

Radically this moves towards Lasse BE design with no left frame.

Ideas,
Matthew