[TYPO3-hci] Usability testing in lab?

Sebastian Erlhofer erlhofer at mindshape.de
Wed Aug 9 14:30:46 CEST 2006

Hello together,

I am thinking about to use my (lets call it) 'free' time next year for
doing some larger "usability testing" from January 2007 for 2-3 Month
(includes analysis and reporting).

I got in contact with the usability lab at University of Trier and would
conduct the tests (for free). The problem is, that one has to rent the
lab (thinking aloud, eyetracker, cameras for focusgroups,...).
Unfortunately they want stuff that is called 'money' (although I get
some dicount, which makes it cheaper).

I am just wondering whether someone has ideas where to get a sponsorship
from. Perhaps some larger company which is using TYPO3 and is interested
in testing and/or improving it too?

What do you think of it? (I don't want to start the discussion "do we
need professional usability-testing in lab or not"-threat - we are open
source, I know, but I had just been asked and see an oportunity which I
did not want to left out to mention here) :)

Greetings,
-sebastian

--
Sebastian Erlhofer
medienagentur mindshape freiburg / trier

mail erlhofer at mindshape.de
http www.mindshape.de
fon  0651.4639823
fax  0721.151368557