[TYPO3-hci] TYPO3 hci teams

Wed Aug 9 00:46:29 CEST 2006

Andreas Balzer wrote:
>> This team could collect and list all the wishes the TYPO3 users have and
>> ask developers to code special extensions for the different aspects of
>> TYPO3 4.5. We have to take care about, that the roadmap for TYPO3 4.5
>> wants to have an "Ease-of-use: Redesigned interface", which means, that
>> possible the whole skin architecture has to be rewritten. Both the old
>> fashioned GET/POST way _and_ the new AJAX method have to work together.
>> I think this is a lot of work. And if we want to get TYPO3 "shipped" out
>> by winter 2006, i think we have to start - start right now.

Hi Andreas,

the extension xajax_tutor shows how it is possible to generate ajax output
and classical PHP output from the same functions, by capsulating the
dynamic parts into own funcitions.

* No double programming is needed.
* The classical way works automatically as fallback if javascript is disabled.

With EID you probably need more "extra" development, but you make it faster
I guess. The xajax_tutor still doesn't show how to use xajax with the EID
technic, but you also can combine EID with xajax.

Regards

Elmar