[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Aug 3 14:21:19 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

> In TYPO3 you have
> click "create new record"
> new page loads (why?)

just to select, *what* kind of new record - if you are creating
pages using page module, it might be nices skip this selection.

But in the standard page module the 'Columns' view can
should also calendar items etc. - selecting the *type*
is needed  - the icon 'Create new record' is creating
any record.
If you want to create *only* pages there is 'Create new page'
for that.

> click "news"
> new page loads
> enter fields
>
> In TYPO3 there is IMHO one unnecessary page load.

If you had news items in some page, just click 'New' icon in the bar,
where is 'Edit' etc. link - they you don't have extra page.

You have just used Typo3 silly way - if you use
'Create new record' it is *always* necessary to define, what
kind of record.

You have just made yourself unnecessary click.

>> Just because news can be in any page.
>> News plugin basically just plugin for *showing* news with different way
>> - not creating them.

> I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
The last concern definitions for the individual plugin content element
in page.