[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Aug 2 16:58:08 CEST 2006

>> Because there is nothing that can be done without training.
>
> I don't know the word "impossible"! ;)
> Very simple tasks *should* be doable without training. What makes you
> believe otherwise?

Anything you are able to do today is based on something you had to learn
before.
Even such simple things like opening a door, holding a coffee cup or sitting
on a chair were not possible for you without learning.

Usually there are 3 ways of learning all the things you want to do:

1) trial and error based on former experiences
    depending on your personal brainpower this will be more or less time
consuming

2) imitating others (or being taught by others)
    i.e. this is how you learn to speak or use facial expressions and
gestures
    in most cases this is less time consuming since the teacher will help
you to avoid typical mistakes
    sometimes a wizard can replace the human teacher, but usually the
interaction is not as good

3) read a "manual" or some basic instructions (i.e. on a washing machine)
    of course this requires option 2 before, so that you will be able to
read

There is nothing you can do without having to learn how it can be done.
But the more you already know the easier it will be to learn similar things.

And this is the point, where your approach is going into the wrong
direction:
You are expecting to be able to do something without any former experience
in similar stuff, while you still believe you already got this experience.

Plone<=>TYPO3 is not the same like car<=>car
it's more like car<=>helicopter

So if you want to be a pilot - take your lessons ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de