[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Aug 1 14:48:20 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>>  >Well, you could have two kinds of views for folders: list view and
>> image view  (like in WinXP)
>>
>> they are in fact two kinds of views - maybe better names could be used.

maybe a good idea

> But why does the whole folder tree appear separated? I'd prefer to
> have only one folder tree and switch the view on the right for the
> currently selected folder instead of browsing two separate trees.

maybe just more complex to implement

> But those records in Web>List aren't necessarily shown on the page,
> either.

but all of them are *database* records

  In those cases where the image/file is hidden you can create a
> hidden page which acts like a folder.

hidden page might act like a folder, but page in page tree
is not newer real folder like folder, which contains images and other
files, which are *real folders in the hard disk*
IMO saparting *database records* and real folder *in the harddisk*

> will actually appear on some page and it's more intuitive to put
> related files and pages together.

maybe but IMO it is good to separate database and hard disk folders

> which could easily be unified. Every new concepts means that you have
> to learn it. Why don't you try to reduce the number of concepts?

but you could in this case mix database record and real folder